I’M SHERISE (SHUH-REESE)
DOG MOM | HOMECOOK | WIFE | LIFE ENTHUSIAST | NURSE
I am a Honolulu native (plot twist: I am 100% Puerto Rican) living in Orlando with her husband David and 2 furbabies, Max + Landon. I began this blog in January 2017 with the objective of sharing realistic approaches to a plant-based diet and a healthy, happy cruelty-free lifestyle. The blogging all started when my husband and I decided to transition to veganism in December 2016.
Although I am a foodie at heart, my life is obviously not just about food. At the time I started this blog, I was also in the process of leaving my staff job back home in Florida and preparing to leave home for a full year to be a travel nurse where I would work in a new city every 13 weeks. In the exact same month that I quit my job, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. So there is some of that here as well.
While traveling, I have not been able to share all of my hobbies such as baking, cake decorating, painting and home decor; however, I have found a new hobby which is traveling and exploring the US which I share a ton of. We will be moving back home to Orlando in May so I look forward to creating more content!
Truth is, I have lived a certain way for a majority of my life and traveling across the country, meeting new people and having more “me time” has opened my eyes to new ways of thinking and living.
a few random facts about me:
- I am a pediatric critical care nurse.
- Sadly, I can only speak English fluently.
- I have always wanted blue or purple streaks in my hair.
- I have been obsessed with game shows since I was a child- old and new.
- Driving and checking out at grocery stores gives me more anxiety than public speaking. Hi, my name is Sherise and I have high-functioning anxiety.
- I met my husband in a Spanish class in my freshman year of high school.
- My brother was born on my 10th birthday and I swear we are connected like twins are.
- I used to pride on never crying and being tough, but the older I get- the more I cry. i.e. I cry when someone wins a lot of money on a game show. It’s beautiful haha.
- My bestest friends have been in my life since I was 10 years old.
- I have never traveled outside of the US but that is going to change (asap).
As cliche as it may be, I am finding myself and I want to continue to better myself- inside and out. Join me and say hello!