If you haven’t tried dragonfruit in your smoothie bowl, have you really lived? If you are food gawker like me, the color of this magical fruit will feed your eyes.
Besides the beautiful vibrant color of the pitaya, they also have a crap ton of health benefits ranging from antibacterial and anti-oxidant properties to immunity and metabolism boosts.
I was lucky enough to find frozen packs by the brand, Pitaya Plus, in my local grocery store. The frozen dragonfruit puree is the best for smoothies since you don’t have to add extra ice to get the desired thickness, but fresh dragonfruit is just as delicious.
Pitaya (Dragonfruit) Smoothie Bowl
- 2 packets of frozen dragonfruit
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries*
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple*
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Optional: agave or maple syrup to sweeten
- Top with granola, chia and fresh fruit.
*if using fresh fruit, add ice
- Blend dragonfruit, banana, strawberries, pineapple and water on high speed until smooth. Add ice if too thin, add water if too thick.
- Optional: add sweetener of choice, blend to incorporate.
- Add toppings and enjoy!