It is officially November and I am getting all set up in my new home in Huntington Beach, California. The last three months in Oakland was fun but for some reason it wasn’t the best for my creativity.
Maybe it was the gloomy clouds, who knows!
Now that I am by the beach I am already excited to create more content and make my own food magic. It’s so hard not to eat out for every meal while here in the Los Angeles area because the vegan eats are to DIE for; however, my goal for the new calendar month is to create more and share more.
To get this fire started, why not share a burrito bowl!
Super Simple Burrito Bowl
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 avocado, sliced, diced or mashed
- 1 cup salsa or fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup corn canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup vegan nacho cheese, I recommend The Honest Stand or Heidi Ho
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- juice of a lime
- Optional: vegan sour cream, sliced jalapeño, meatless ground crumbles or chickenless tenders
- Cook your rice according to instructions.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat beans (with liquid), salt, garlic powder and bay leaf on MED heat for 10-15 minutes while rice cooks.
- Prepare taco “meat” or chicken less tenders. (optional)
- Once the rice is done cooking, add chopped cilantro and a few squeezes of lime. Stir well.
- Add everything to a bowl and enjoy!