Looking for something quick, easy and savory?
Look no further.
The most difficult part of this recipe is cleaning and chopping up the asparagus and mushrooms. I cut off about 2 inches from the bottom stem of the asparagus and cut the remaining stalks into 2 inch pieces. The white mushrooms I had on hand were pre-sliced from Trader Joe’s.
Simply added the veggies to a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. I covered the pan and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Easy as that!
The star of the show is the dressing. I hope you enjoy!
Mushroom and Asparagus Buddha Bowl with Hummus Dressing
- 8 oz organic sliced white mushrooms
- 10-15 asparagus stalks, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- a couple basil leaves, chopped
- Serve with: fresh greens, brown rice, quinoa (I used arborio rice)
1. Cook your grain of choice: quinoa, brown rice, etc.
2. Sauté veggies in olive oil on medium for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the water and sauté for another 8-10 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
4. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
5. Place a few handfuls of fresh greens, a scoop of rice or quinoa, veggies and drizzle with dressing.
*Adapted from Up Beet and Kaleing It