PB&J Banana Pancakes (V/GF)
MAKES ABOUT 10 SMALL PANCAKES
- 1.5 c gluten free pancake mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tbsp agave
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c almond milk
- TOPPINGS: peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, sliced bananas and any jelly or jam that you like)
- In a medium bowl, sift together the pancake mix, flax meal, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the agave or maple syrup, pure vanilla, applesauce, and almond milk.
- Slowly add some of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well, stirring continuously until there are no longer any lumps.
- On a pan on medium heat greased with vegan butter, cook for 2-3 minutes (or until the pancakes start to bubble around the edges). Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan. At this point you can eat them with some maple syrup and you are good to go!
- Top with sliced bananas, seeds and your favorite peanut butter and jelly.
*Adapted from Momables
Estimated nutrition facts for one serving 3 small pancakes (4 inch)
Calories: 520 Fat: 20g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 75g Sugar: 22g Sodium: 350mg Fiber: 16g Protein: 18g