Salads. I can’t exactly explain why I don’t like salads very much- I would much rather get my greens by blending them into a smoothie, but my mid-year’s resolution is to incorporate more of them in my diet.
What I am a fan of are buddha bowls. So basically I just removed the quinoa and replaced it with fresh greens, added fresh vegetables, beans and hemp seeds.
The best part about this delicious lunch recipe is that it took only 5 minutes to make with no cooking involved. This salad made my taste buds sing. It was completely
The tahini dressing went great with this salad, or you can even add your favorite hummus to this! I have actually had it with both the tahini dressing and hummus on days I can’t decide. I hope you try this out!
Zucchini, Bean and Avocado Salad
Serving for 1, easily doubled
- 2-3 handfuls of greens
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 c black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp hemp seeds
FOR THE DRESSING*
- 1/4 cup tahini (from raw sesame seeds)
- pinch sea salt, plus more to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp warm water
- OPTIONAL: swap out the tahini dressing for your favorite hummus
- Prepare zucchini, tomato and greens. Rinse and drain the black beans. Add all components to a bowl.
- For the sauce, mix the tahini well until all oils are incorporated. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the water. Stir well.
- Slowly add in the water to get the consistency you want.
*This dressing recipe makes enough to store in a glass jar for next time.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 salad without dressing.
Serving size: 1 salad without dressing Calories: 430 Fat: 24g Saturated fat: 3g. Carbohydrates: 36g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 210g Fiber: 18g Protein: 21g