You know, sometimes you just need a burger.
On those days, this is my go-to life-saving recipe. This blend of spices creates a not too:
Another bonus? Less than 10 ingredients and you have yourself a mashtah-piece. Get it? Since you mash the beans?
Life tip: Learn to laugh at yourself.
I served up these burgers with some potatoes seasoned with paprika, salt and pepper.
I hope you enjoy!
Black Bean Burger
Makes 4 patties
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- vegan burger buns
- vegan mayo
- organic ketchup
- potatoes or fries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mash the beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. I blended them up for a few seconds. Then stir into the mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the mixture into the beans. Mix in bread crumbs. Divide mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the patties halfway.