There aren’t a lot of things that make sense in the world. Coconut and chocolate; however, do. I remember the first time I made these and it made me do a little dance. That’s how I knew. These were the ones!
These chocolate chip cookies are:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKES 1 DOZEN SMALL COOKIES
ADAPTED FROM ORIGINAL RECIPE BY vegan housewives
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 0.5 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2-1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- optional: walnuts, raisins, etc
- Pre-heat that oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the coconut oil and brown sugar. Add in the milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips and nuts).
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together. Then fold in the chips. Add more or less depending on how chocolatey you want this experience to be. Yes, it will be a crumbly dough.
- Roll into balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I did 9 which was pure perfection).
- Or just eat the dough and don’t bake. Jk jk.