There are times during the week where the thought of prepping a complicated meal or baking a dessert sounds so dreadful. Days like today- I go for mindless. I just wanna grab something and eat something that’s:
So recently I have been trying out raw, vegan snacks that I can just toss in my purse.
Naturally, I thought I should make my own so I gave it a try- turns out I love it! This one here takes me back to my Reese’s peanut butter cup days.
The hardest part about this recipe was trying not to eat it straight outta the bowl with my spoon.
CHOCOLATE PB ENERGY BALLS
- 12-14 medjool dates, pitted
- 3.5 tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter, but any will do)
- 1/3 cup of vegan chocolate chunks or chips, chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add pitted dates to a food processor or blender and pulse until a large ball forms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse. I ended up taking everything out and mixed it all up in a bowl.
- Make small balls in the palm of your hand and freeze for 15 minutes.