My two week at home staycation came to an end and I was back to long hours and zero time for cooking since I value sleep way more these days.. so I decided to make a slow cooker soup that turned into a stew, then chili andddd I’m not sure now what to call it besides delicious! I just kept throwing stuff in!
This recipe legit kept my husband and I fed for 3 dinners, 3 lunches and more to spare. It was a great mindless meal prep and perfect for a long work week!
Packed with veggies, herbs, grains- all of the proteins all of the goods.
“EVERYTHING YOU GOT” VEGAN CHILI
- 1 tbsp olive or grapeseed oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 3-4 tbsp chili powder
- optional 1 tsp cayenne pepper for a kick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or 8 oz of your favorite marinara or even diced tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed/drained and dried
- 1 cup dry green or brown lentils
- 1/2 cup rinsed, uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- dairy free cheese
- dairy free sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium. Sautee garlic, onion, carrots, red pepper and spices until fragrant- about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add this all to slow-cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients- be sure to stir well.
- Cook covered on low for 8 hours for best results, or 4 hours on high.