- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (I used EarthBalance)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Then, in a saucepan, add the milk, vanilla, flax egg and butter over low heat until the butter has just melted (Do not let it boil/simmer).
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly into the donut holes, flattening out with your finger for best results.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. They are done once ta toothpick comes out clean.
I’ve eaten these straight out the oven as is, rolled in cinnamon sugar or iced. All delicious options!