Baking has always been my jam but lately experimenting with different savory flavors has been SOO FUN. Trying out new recipes and different cuisines. One that I almost forgot to try out- canine cuisine.
My pups have been the best assistants in the kitchen – picking up scraps and all of the things I drop on the daily- keeping my floors spotless. Time to show them some love.
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats
0.5 cup pumpkin
1/4cup peanut butter
2 tbsp cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp coconut oil*
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoons coconut oil melted
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, applesauce, and oil in a bowl.
3. Add in dry ingredients. Mix dough just until flour is incorporated.
4. Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use any cookie cutter shape: circle, heart, bone. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. For the optional glaze, whisk some coconut oil and PB until smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool until the glaze (best in freezer).